No one wants to deal with an HVAC emergency. But getting your system running again, and restoring comfort (and oftentimes safety), may mean calling a repair company in the middle of the night. But there are upsides. Emergency HVAC service won’t only fix the problem at hand. A licensed technician will perform other tasks to prevent further issues, help your unit run more efficiently, and perhaps increase its longevity.
Ways an Emergency HVAC Tech Can Improve Your System
A trained technician can perform many tasks. That way, you can end up benefiting from an emergency situation rather than being worse off. At Hoover, we’re committed to ensuring your comfort, safety, and well-being as well as your satisfaction with our services. During an emergency call, a technician will:
- Adjust/Calibrate the Thermostat: If the thermostat isn’t set correctly or malfunctions, the rest of your HVAC system won’t perform as expected. Our technicians can adjust the unit to help improve efficiency and check the batteries and replace them if necessary. They’ll also check the condition of the wiring and make any needed repairs. If any issues with the thermostat’s installation are found, it can be reconnected, relocated, or replaced.
- Inspect and Clean/Change the Filter: The HVAC filter is one of the most important elements when it comes to unobstructed airflow and indoor air free of dust, dirt, and dander. But it’s far too often overlooked. We recommend replacing the air filter every three months, but during an emergency call is a great time to evaluate your filter to see if it needs to be cleaned, replaced, or upgraded. Our technicians can suggest higher efficiency filters that provide cleaner air with little compromise in airflow.
- Lubricate Moving Parts: No matter what type of air conditioner or heater you have, it has lots of moving parts. Friction will cause them to grind together and wear out if they aren’t properly lubricated. We check all moving parts and lubricate them as needed to avoid premature wear and tear. If any parts are severely worn or broken, our technicians will use parts stocked in our trucks to replace them.
- Inspect Your AC and Heating System: Our specialists are diligent in making sure nothing is missed during your service call. From checking refrigerant levels to looking for leaks, to assessing the condition of mechanical and electrical components, we make sure everything is right. The goal is to resolve all issues so there’s no risk your HVAC system will break down anytime soon.
Other Benefits of Emergency HVAC Service
At Hoover, we understand the urgency of the situation when your air conditioner or furnace stops working. But in an emergency, prompt service ensures you:
- Get the Service When You Need It: There’s little wait time. If your HVAC system breaks down late at night or on a holiday, we’ll be there to fix it so you’re not left in the heat or cold.
- Save Money: If your heater starts to go out before a cold snap, emergency repairs can prevent a total failure at the worst time. You also won’t need to pay for a hotel room for your family.
- Remain Safe and Sound: An HVAC issue can not only mean being uncomfortable. It can affect air quality and even involve hazards such as a gas or carbon monoxide leak.
- Avoid Additional Damage: When an HVAC system fails in the cold, it’s susceptible to additional damage, while loud noises or failing parts can mean more problems can occur due to increased wear.
- Get The Expert Service You Know: If you’ve trusted a local HVAC company for some time, you’ll get the same level of service during an emergency. Experienced professionals will fix the problem, no matter how big or small it is.
Call Hoover for Emergency HVAC Service
Available seven days a week, 365 days a year, our fleet is always ready whether your air conditioner or furnace breaks down. Our technicians can reach your home quickly anywhere in Clinton Township and surrounding areas. You’ll receive a careful evaluation, a free estimate, and special discounts. For major repairs, we provide financing options to get the service you need. To request emergency HVAC service in Southeast Michigan, call 586-576-9365 today.