High-Quality Drain Cleaning From Experienced Plumbers
Hoover Electric Plumbing Heating Cooling provides professional drain cleaning services in Clinton Township and surrounding areas. A drain cleaning can maintain the health of your plumbing system by clearing blockages, preventing clogs, and reducing pressure on pipes. It can also avoid odors, backups, and floods.
Our team can quickly clear drains to avoid serious plumbing issues and health hazards. Prompt and effective, they use the latest technologies to unclog drains, minimize disruption, and protect your belongings and property. Call Hoover to schedule drain cleaning at competitive prices.
Understanding Drain Issues
Drain issues can occur in any home or business. Every drain is susceptible to problems caused by substances you intend to flush or wash away. Common causes of drain clogs include:
- Food Particles: Including those that get washed down the sink and put through the garbage disposal (especially coffee grounds, pasta, eggshells, rice, and fibrous fruits and vegetables).
- Cooking Fats, Oils, and Grease: People often pour cooking fats and grease down drains without thinking about it. These can coat pipe walls and cause other debris to stick.
- Hair Buildup: Both human and pet hair can bind with grease or other sticky compounds inside drains and pipes.
- Soap Residue: Bar soaps usually contain animal fat derivatives that mix with hard water minerals, forming soap scum that can clog drains and collect on surfaces.
- Mineral Deposits: Calcium, magnesium, and other naturally occurring minerals in hard water can build up on pipe walls over time.
- Tree Roots: Having multiple clogged drains at once can mean your sewer line is clogged. Oftentimes, this is caused by invading tree roots.
- Wipes: If flushed down a toilet, cleaning, baby, makeup, and other disposable wipes can clog drainage/sewer pipes and municipal water treatment facilities.
- Foreign Objects: Children’s toys and other solid objects can get stuck in pipe bends after passing through a drain or being flushed.
Signs of a Clogged Drain
Recognizing the signs of a clogged drain will help you know when to call a drain cleaning service company. Call a plumber immediately if you notice symptoms such as:
- Slow-Draining Sinks and Tubs
- Water Backing Up from a Plumbing Fixture
- Water Pooling around a Sink, Tub, Shower, or Washing Machine
- Gurgling or Bubbling Sounds from a Pipe or Fixture
- Unusual Odors from a Drain
- Changes in the Toilet Water Level
The Importance of Regular Drain Cleaning
A drain clog can increase pressure within pipes, causing them to leak or burst. Substantial damage to your home can occur. Drain cleaning can avoid costly plumbing and property repairs. It also reduces wear and tear and can extend the lifespan of your plumbing system.
Clogs can prevent waste from draining from your home and lead to sewage backups. Aside from odors, sewage can increase the risk of rashes, infections, and diseases. Drain cleaning avoids clogs that can lead to exposure to raw sewage, so it protects the health of your family at home and employees at work.
Why Should I Schedule Professional Drain Cleaning Services?
While you can use a plunger, drain snake, or auger or flush drains with hot water and vinegar, hiring a professional for drain cleaning has many benefits. At Hoover, our team has expertise in this area. We employ the latest technology, including pipe inspection cameras, and effective tools for removing clogs or forcing debris through drainage lines. All the while, we’ll protect your plumbing system from damage and ensure the safety of your home and family.
Video pipe inspection allows us to see the problem up close. We can then determine the best way to safely clear a drain pipe. One of the methods we employ is hydro jetting, which involves using high-pressure streams of water to break up clogs, force debris through the line, and scour pipe walls clean to prevent additional buildup.
- Schedule drain cleaning when it’s convenient for you.
- Provide upfront and straightforward pricing on all drain cleaning services.
- Deliver exceptional service and guarantee your satisfaction.
We Provide Emergency Drain Cleaning Services
At Hoover, our team responds quickly when you need us the most. Emergency plumbing services are available 24/7. Whether a drain is slow, backing up, or overflowing, call and we’ll dispatch a team of plumbing specialists who can quickly diagnose and resolve the problem.
If possible, close the shutoff valve to the affected fixture or your home water supply. Try to collect water from leaks in a bucket or sop up standing water. Avoid hazards such as slippery floors, chemicals, or electricity while our emergency crew is on the way.
Some Preventative Maintenance Tips
To avoid needing an emergency drain cleaning, here are some tips you can follow:
- Use drain covers to prevent hair and debris from entering drains.
- Regularly clean drain stoppers and screens.
- Avoid pouring grease and oil down drains (Instead, dispose of them in the trash).
- Do not flush anything other than toilet paper.
- Properly dispose of food waste.
- Bathe pets outdoors if possible.
FAQs About Drain Cleaning
How Often Should Drains Be Cleaned?
Most professionals suggest scheduling a drain cleaning by a plumber once a year. Do a DIY check and cleaning (if necessary) weekly or monthly, and call a plumber if one or more drains start to slow up.
Can Chemical Drain Cleaners Damage Pipes?
Many consumer drain cleaners have chemicals that can degrade metal and plastic pipes. Although a one-time use isn’t likely to cause damage, it’s best to avoid these products.
How Long Does a Professional Drain Cleaning Take?
A plumber can often clear a small clog in a few minutes. However, if there’s a stubborn clog deeper in the line, it can take several hours. A typical drain cleaning job that involves a camera inspection and hydro jetting should take around two hours.
Is Drain Cleaning Covered By Insurance?
Drain cleaning services are generally not covered under standard homeowner’s insurance policies. However, add-on coverage may be available; it can offer protection if you have a drainage or sewage backup.
Call Hoover Today
We provide fast and effective drain-cleaning services in Clinton Township and surrounding communities. Contact us if you have signs of a clogged, slow, or backed-up drain. Prompt solutions will protect your plumbing system, safety, and health. Financing is available if you need major repairs. To get started, schedule your next drain cleaning online or call 586-701-6127.