Answering Heating and Cooling Questions for Homeowners
Since 1980, Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has provided exceptional HVAC services for Clinton Township and Troy Area homeowners. Our certified HVAC technicians are here to answer questions you may have about your heating and cooling systems. Below, you’ll find frequently asked questions for your benefit. Should you need more information, please don’t hesitate to call us!
What Types of HVAC Services Do You Provide?
For over 40 years, Southeast Michigan residents have relied on us for all their HVAC service needs from one well-qualified HVAC company. Ensure your comfort year-round with all of these services and more:
- Emergency HVAC Services – Call upon us for all your furnace repair, air conditioning repair, and water heater repairs. We can replace broken parts, make adjustments to your thermostat, check your air filters, and more to ensure your heating and cooling systems are running optimally.
- Heating Installations and Repairs – Rely on us for residential heater and furnace maintenance, installation, and repair services. From heat pumps to forced air and ductless systems, our experts will help you find the ideal heating system to suit your family’s needs and budget.
- Air Conditioning Installations and Repairs – Ensure your air conditioning system is at peak performance with comprehensive AC maintenance. We can also repair or replace your air conditioner if it’s more than 15 years old or you’ve experienced higher energy bills.
- Indoor Air Quality Services – From whole-house humidifiers and dehumidifiers to UV germicidal lights, HEPA air filters, APRILAIRE® media cleaners, Air Guardian REME Halo™ air purification systems, and duct cleaning services, we can help you improve your indoor air quality.
- Thermostat Installations and Repairs – Have you discovered the benefits of a modern programmable thermostat yet? You could save up to 15% on your monthly heating and cooling bills. If it’s time for a thermostat upgrade, talk to our team today about making the switch.
How Often Should I Have My HVAC System Serviced?
HVAC stands for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. It’s important to have your HVAC systems serviced annually to ensure optimal efficiency. We recommend having your heat pump or furnace inspected at the end of summer or the beginning of fall. You should have your air conditioning inspected at the end of winter or the beginning of spring. The idea behind preventative HVAC maintenance is to spot issues before they become a costly breakdown in the middle of the season when you need them most.
How Often Should I Replace My HVAC Air Filters?
Most manufacturer’s guidelines suggest replacing your HVAC air filters every one to three months. Dirty air filters reduce your indoor air quality and can affect your heating and cooling system’s performance.
Why Is Indoor Air Quality Important for My Family?
Ensuring you have clean air inside your home can help you reduce allergy and asthma symptoms. Over time, dust, smoke, pet hair, and other allergens float around inside your home, clinging to your curtains, furniture, and floors. Identifying and removing these indoor air pollutants is essential for your family’s health. We offer professional duct cleaning services to reduce the number of pollutants found inside your HVAC system’s ducts. We can also install special air filters, air purification systems, and UV germicidal lights to help remove indoor air pollutants.
What Can I Do to Lower My Monthly Energy Bills?
Most homeowners on a budget are always looking for ways to lower their monthly energy bills. Here are a few tips from the experts at Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling:
- Switch to a programmable thermostat to regulate indoor temps
- Install ceiling fans to improve your indoor air circulation
- Close the curtains during the day to reduce your summer indoor temps
- Ensure your windows and doors are sealed with weatherstripping
- Unplug electrical appliances when not in use
- Ditch the incandescent light bulbs and switch to energy-efficient LEDs
- Schedule annual HVAC preventative maintenance services
- Request a home energy audit from a qualified professional
What Is HVAC Zoning? How Does It Help Lower My Energy Bills?
If appropriately designed, a zoning system can help you save hundreds in annual energy costs. HVAC zoning enables you to regulate your indoor temperatures for more consistent comfort. Your home will be divided into various zones, allowing you to control different rooms based on your heating and cooling needs. If certain rooms are used daily, you can ensure these areas receive more heating or cooling than other unoccupied areas of the house. Talk to us today about the benefits of installing dual-zone air conditioning or heating systems inside your Southeast Michigan home.
How Often Should I Replace My Furnace or Air Conditioner?
Most furnaces and air conditioners usually last 10-15 years, depending on the make and model and how often it requires maintenance or repair. If your unit is over 15 years old and needs frequent repairs, it could be time to replace it with a more modern, energy-efficient model. We offer specials and financing!
Why Choose Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling?
For over 40 years, Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has offered reliable HVAC services in Clinton Township and the Troy Area. Our HVAC service technicians are licensed, certified, and experienced to handle any installation or repair. You can count on us for 24/7 emergency repairs with honest, upfront pricing and expert recommendations. Contact us today to request a free estimate!