Local Electrical Repair Services in Troy and Clinton Township
When you need home electrical repairs, you must rely on a skilled professional. Damage to wiring or any electrical component, device, or appliance can expose you to a powerful electrical current, which can cause shocks, burns, or electrocution. Extensive damage to your property can occur without an electrician for home repairs.
Fortunately, at Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, our trained and licensed electricians can handle any job, from repairing an outlet to rewiring your home. They are experienced, prompt, and provide high-quality work. Able to solve problems big or small, our professionals can anticipate any issue, so work quickly and get your home electrical system working right the first time.
Understanding Electrical Home Repairs
To provide high-quality home electrical repairs, our team arrives with the tools and equipment needed to fully assess the problem. Troubleshooting the issue lets us diagnose it and explain all the repair options to you. Our technicians are trained to work quickly and accurately. A single faulty wire or surge can irreparably damage a large appliance, short out your electrical panel, or start a fire. We strongly discourage DIY electrical repairs because the work requires the proper tools, parts, and safety gear that most homeowners don’t have.
Our Electrical Repair Services
When you have an electrical emergency, our crews can arrive at your home within minutes. They use high-quality materials to ensure a successful repair and prevent the issue from occurring again. We also adhere to the latest safety standards to protect our staff and your home from high voltages, shocks, electrocution, fires, and explosions.
Our team is trusted throughout Southeast Michigan for:
- Emergency Electrical Services
- Outlet Installation and Repair
- GFCI Installation and Repair
- Lighting Repairs
- Electrical Wiring Repair
- Breaker Panel Replacement
- Generator Installation/Maintenance
- Ceiling Fan Installation
- Electrical Circuit Troubleshooting/Repair
Common Electrical Issues
Homeowners in the region experience various types of electrical problems. We can address a wide range of issues, including:
- Flickering Lights: If a light is flickering, it can mean the circuit is overloaded, the fixture isn’t connected properly, or a wire is corroded.
- Tripping Circuit Breakers: Breakers are designed to trip when a circuit overloads. Check to see if you have too many devices plugged in.
- Faulty Outlets: Call for help if one or more outlets aren’t working or an outlet looks scorched, makes a buzzing noise, feels warm, or emits a foul odor.
- Frequent Surges: If lights suddenly dim or flicker or appliances fluctuate in power, serious damage can occur, but home electrical repairs or installing a surge protector can help.
- Electrical Shock: Call an electrician if touching a device or switch causes a shock; this indicates a wiring problem that requires a professional to fix.
- Expensive Electric Bill: If your electric bill spikes and you’re not using more electricity, a damaged wire or circuit may be drawing more power. Call for help ASAP.
Why Choose Hoover for Home Electrical Repairs
Our electricians are licensed by the state of Michigan. They also meet all applicable certification requirements and are fully insured. Therefore, you can expect the highest quality service and are protected in case any damage occurs while they’re working in your home. But we strive to guarantee that every project goes smoothly and that our customers are fully satisfied with our service.
In addition to using advanced tools and technology, we also adhere to a proven electrical repair process. Every job entails the following:
- Initial Inspection: We look at the symptoms and check your entire electrical system using the latest tools and equipment, looking for visual damage and evidence of reduced electrical performance.
- Diagnosis: The problem is isolated and one of our technicians will explain their findings and possible solutions. They’ll discuss the nature, cost, and timeline of your repair options.
- Repair: Common repair parts and materials are stocked in our trucks so our technicians can get to work once they identify the problem. Repairs are done quickly and carefully and our contractors don’t leave until your home is fully functional.
- Testing: We will verify the electrical repair was successful by testing circuits, breakers, lights, electronics, and appliances. It ensures the issue is fully resolved and there are no remaining safety concerns.
Safety and Compliance
Hoover’s skilled electricians prioritize safety with every job. They turn off the electrical source before beginning any work and use insulated tools to maximize protection against electrical hazards. Rubber gloves, goggles, and other personal protective gear are worn to avoid injury. We also stay current on the latest safety codes and follow them meticulously to ensure every electrical project is as safe as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Is the Most Common Wiring Problem?
A circuit breaker that trips repeatedly or soon after being reset is the most common wiring issue. It means a wire is overloaded, faulty, or damaged and can indicate many other electrical issues.
How Do I Know I Have Faulty Wiring?
Aside from tripping breakers, visibly damaged, frayed, or chewed wires mean you need to call for help. Flickering, dimming, or buzzing lights; discolored or warm outlets; and burning odors can also indicate faulty wiring. Call a professional for electrical wiring repair.
What Are the Warning Signs of an Electrical Fire?
Signs an electrical fire is occurring include sizzling sounds, burning smells, tripping breakers, hot outlets, sparks, charred wires, melted plastic, and visible flames.
Can I Get a Shock If the Breaker Is Off?
Yes. A loose wire connection can cause current to leak from another breaker or circuit, even if the main breaker is turned off.
Can I DIY Any Electrical Repairs?
Aside from changing a lightbulb or resetting a breaker, you should never do any work on your electrical system. Only a trained, certified electrician has the knowledge and tools to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
Call Hoover for Home Electrical Repairs
When you need a qualified electrician for home repairs, Hoover has licensed, certified, and experienced technicians who can get the job done safely and quickly. Prompt repairs restore the function of your home and eliminate any hazards associated with an electrical issue. When you need a local electrical repair service, we respond immediately. Financing options are available to ensure you get the services you need.
To get started, schedule an appointment online, set up an online chat, or call (586) 701-6127 now.