Plumbing Services in Clinton Township & Troy
Many people ask our plumbers at Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling the same types of questions. Below, we’ve compiled a list of our frequently asked questions to shed some light on your residential plumbing concerns. Please reach out to us with any additional questions or to request a free estimate for our plumbing services in Clinton Township and the Troy Area. We always strive to be as upfront as possible with our pricing and recommendations. We’re here for you 24/7!
What Kind of Plumbing Services Do Your Plumbers Provide?
From leaky toilets to frozen pipes, our experienced plumbers in Southeast Michigan are available around the clock for all your advanced plumbing needs, including the following:
- Emergency Plumbing Services – Whether you have frozen pipes or flooding because of a clogged drain, you can call our plumbers day and night for immediate assistance. If you need a replacement, we have specials and discounts available to help make them more affordable.
- Plumbing Repairs – Our plumbing repair services are available around the clock to minimize disruption to your day. From new drain line installations to faucet, toilet, and sewer repairs, our licensed plumbing technicians charge per job and not per hour to save you money and hassles.
- Frozen Pipes – Southeast Michigan residents know winters can wreak havoc on their plumbing. We offer same-day service for frozen or burst pipes, as well as preventative services to wrap your outdoor pipes in protective sleeves or insulation to avoid such issues.
- Leak Detection – If you’ve noticed low water pressure, a mildew smell, or puddles of water in or around your home, you likely have a leak somewhere. Rely on our leak detection experts to locate the source of your leak and repair it to minimize the damages.
- Sump Pumps – If your sump pump is backed up or damaged, it can put your family at risk for mold growth and other issues. Our plumbers can repair any type of sump pump, from backup and battery-operated sump pumps to basement and submersible sump pumps.
- Backflow Prevention – Our team provides backflow prevention certification and annual testing to ensure your backflow prevention system is running efficiently. We can also install, repair, or replace your home’s backflow prevention system.
- Garbage Disposals – Is your garbage disposal not working properly? We specialize in garbage disposal repairs and replacements, with same-day service available in many cases. If you need a new garbage disposal, we can help you make the best decision for your budget.
- Water Heaters – Have you noticed pooled water around your water heater or rust-colored water? It could be time for a replacement. We’d be happy to show you energy-efficient models, including tankless water heaters. We can also handle removing your old water heater.
- Sewer and Drain Services – Clogged drains can lead to poor drainage, dirty water, bad odors, leaks, and health risks for your household. Rely on our team for sewer and drain cleaning services to prevent drainage issues. Our plumbers are adept at snaking a drain on your behalf!
- Water Treatment Services – You can count on us for water treatment services to preserve your home’s plumbing system and extend the life of your fixtures and appliances. We install water filtration systems, reverse osmosis systems, water purification systems, and water softeners.
How Can I Avoid Clogged Pipes in My Home’s Plumbing System?
Clogged pipes are a common cause of concern among our residential customers. Here are some steps you can take to help prevent this issue:
- Be careful what you flush down your toilets and drains
- If you don’t have a garbage disposal, invest in a drain strainer
- Invest in clear drain stoppers in your showers and bathtubs
- Never pour grease or oil down your kitchen sink
- Don’t use harsh chemical drain cleaners to unclog your drains
- Consider regular drain cleaning services from a professional plumber
What Are Signs of a Water Leak? How Do I Check for Leaks?
Lower water pressure, stains on walls or ceilings, puddles of water, mildew growth, and higher monthly water bills are all signs you could have a water leak. Catching the leak early is essential to minimize property damages and safety risks. You can check your home’s water meter for discrepancies to determine if you have a leak. If you’re suspicious you have a water leak, our leak detection experts would be happy to take a look. Fixing the leak can help you avoid emergency plumbing repairs and reduce water loss and flooding. Water leaks tend to get bigger over time, so don’t delay.
Is There Anything I Shouldn’t Put Down My Garbage Disposal?
Putting certain foods and items down your garbage disposal can cause damages to the blades and lead to smelly, unsanitary clogs. Avoid putting bone fragments, eggshells, coffee grounds, fats, oils, onion skins, banana peels, pasta, potato skins, unpopped popcorn kernels, fruit pits and seeds, corn husks, and stringy vegetables like celery or asparagus down your garbage disposal for the best results.
Why Should I Consider a Tankless Water Heater for My Home?
Tankless water heaters never run out of hot water because it’s not stored inside their tank. They’re also less likely to leak and are usually more energy-efficient for monthly energy savings. They’re especially recommended for larger households with more simultaneous hot water demands. Tankless water heaters come in various gallon sizes, depending on your daily water usage needs. Our plumbing technicians would be happy to help you compare the features found on conventional and tankless water heaters to determine the best fit for your family and budget. With the proper care, a tankless water heater could last up to 20 years or even longer, which usually outlasts most conventional ones.
How Can I Prevent My Pipes From Freezing During the Winter?
Freezing water can cause your pipes to expand and burst during the wintertime. Taking the time to seal leaks, disconnecting your garden hoses, and insulating your pipes (especially outdoor, attic, and crawl space pipes) are all preventative measures you should take before winter hits Southeast Michigan. Wrap outdoor pipes in protective sleeves or insulation. If you plan on traveling during the winter, be sure to set your thermostat to at least 55 degrees, shut off and drain your water system, and ask someone you trust to visit your home a few times a week to check on everything.
Why Choose Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling?
Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling has provided plumbing services in Clinton Township and the Troy Area for over 40 years. That’s a lot of time to perfect our customer service. In addition to preventative maintenance and same-day emergency services, we also offer free estimates with upfront pricing to ensure your satisfaction. If we can’t fix it, you don’t pay. You can also count on our money-saving offers and financing options through Wells Fargo and Michigan Saves. Call us today!