The Benefits of a Whole House Humidifier
Do you use humidifiers in your house? A small, single-room humidifier is inexpensive, but it won’t really work well for a larger space. To improve the indoor air quality in your home, installing a whole-home humidifier is a more effective option. Let’s look at some of the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Your skin will be healthier. When the air in your home is dry, you’re likely to end up with dry, itchy skin. When you install a whole-home humidifier, though, the added moisture in the air will help your skin retain its moisture. It will be softer, more elastic, and less prone to wrinkles. What’s more, because the dry air can trigger oil production that leads to acne, air treated with a humidifier will help your skin stay clear.
- Cold and flu season will be more manageable. The membrane lining of your respiratory system should be moist, but dry air can cause it to become dry and irritated. Soon you’ll have a scratchy, sore throat, painful sinuses, and an unhealthy respiratory tract. Add the common cold to this already irritated respiratory system and you’ll be much more miserable than you’d normally feel. In fact, you’ll be more susceptible to illness if your respiratory system is inflamed, so keeping the right level of humidity in your house is a must for a healthy winter season.
- Your furniture will thank you. For that matter, so will your hardwood floors. Wood looks better and lasts longer in a home where the air has the correct level of humidity. Just as dry air pulls moisture from your body, it also leaches moisture from your wooden belongings.
- Energy bills will decrease. Research from the Department of Energy indicates that every degree you lower your thermostat reduces your heating bill by up to four percent. What does that have to do with a whole home humidifier? When your home has higher humidity levels, you’ll feel warmer at lower temperatures, so you won’t need to bump up the thermostat.
- You’ll sleep better. When your respiratory system is dry and unhealthy, you won’t just sniffle and sneeze- you’ll also snore! Snoring disrupts your sleep and the sleep of those around you, and when your sore, dried out throat makes you cough, that will keep you awake as well. The right level of moisture in the air will help you get a good night’s sleep.
Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling provides whole home humidifiers, as well as furnace maintenance and repair, and heating installation, to keep you warm and comfortable all winter. Since 1980, Hoover has been serving customers in Southeast Michigan, offering courteous, professional service. Because we offer all the services you need for residential maintenance under one roof, we’re able to offer extremely competitive pricing while maintaining great customer service and guaranteed satisfaction. When you’re looking for top-quality electrical, plumbing, heating, or cooling services in Clinton Township, contact Hoover through our website or call 586-232-9204 today.