I Need Sewer Line Help Near Me in Michigan
Need help with your sewer line? Here at Hoover, we know the urgency needed when your plumbing acts up. For those in Southeast Michigan, Hoover has your back. Never be caught off guard by sewer line problems again! We give you the signs to watch for and what to do in the event of a clog. If you need assistance, our licensed plumbers are ready to assist.
Watch for These Signs You Need Plumbing and Sewer Help
Clogs happen when you least expect them. Stay on top of your plumbing before things get out of hand. Here are signs to look out for to prevent a clog.
- Toilet Doesn’t Flush. If your toilet doesn’t flush, a clog likely blocked your line. A plunger gets out surface-level clogs, but deeper problems sometimes persist after you plunge.
- Running Toilet. Toilets that run longer than necessary indicate a problem in your sewer line.
- Slow Drainage. Drains that slowly remove water also point to a sewer line clog. Use a snake to clean out your drain before you take further action. A professional plumber can perform a drain-clearing to puncture the clog and break it apart, if necessary. If this doesn’t solve the problem, a camera inspection identifies other factors, like tree roots.
- Smelly Drains. A strong odor from your drain points to a clog too. Food gets stuck in the drain, which causes a foul odor. A back-up of water in a particular area also develops mildew, which produces an unpleasant odor as well.
- Gurgling Drains. Trapped air in your pipes points to a clog further down in your sewer line. This causes your drain to produce a gurgling sound.
- Strange Water Pressure. Has your water pressure suddenly increased or decreased? Clogs cause water pressure issues for all water fixtures.
- Multiple Drains Backed Up. Your drains connect to one another, so if all of your drains have problems you likely need to address a clog deep in your sewer line.
Click here to schedule service with a Hoover Plumber
Remove the Clog from Your Sewer Line
Now that you know what to look out for, here are tips to deal with a sewer line clog.
- Use an At-Home Plumbing Snake. Your first course of action requires a snake. A clog close to the surface resolves after removal with a snake. However, a deeper clog needs more thorough action. If you turn up nothing with the snake, you likely need to search further down the sewer line.
- Avoid Chemical Cleaners. Chemical cleaners in your drain do more harm than good. They erode your pipes and don’t treat the underlying issue. Even the products which claim to not hurt pipes often do. Be careful. The quick and easy grocery store solution could cost you big time later.
- Water Jet. A quick burst of water knocks deep clogs loose. You often need the help of a professional for this method. Luckily, Hoover has you covered. Our trained plumbers are experts in the hydro jet method of drain cleaning.
- Professional Auger. Finally, professional plumbing snakes, also called augers, clear out clogs far into the sewer line. Again, you need the help of a plumber for this one, but Hoover has the ability to clear your drain in no time.
Contact Hoover for Sewer Line Help
At Hoover Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, we know how to take care of your clogged drain. If simple fixes don’t do the trick, we help you regain control of your sewer line with professional tools and quality plumbers.
Citizens of Southeast Michigan rest easy with Hoover Electrical, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling on the job. Give us a call today to schedule your service and get a free estimate. Defeat clogs before they get out of control.