Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating and Cooling has been keeping Southeast Michigan families comfortable since 1980. We’re more knowledgeable and experienced in ductless mini-split air conditioner installation than any other local HVAC company. Our dedication to a job done right and providing the best customer service possible is just the beginning. At Hoover, our licensed professionals stay up-to-date on the latest technologies, products, and installation techniques to ensure lasting comfort.
When you choose Hoover for mini-split air conditioner installation, you work with professional, punctual, and courteous HVAC technicians. Every job starts with thoroughly evaluating your needs. We’ll provide an upfront quote and stick to our promise. Your family’s comfort and well-being are always our #1 priorities.
Why Install a Mini-Split Air Conditioner
A mini-split is perhaps the most affordable way to stay comfortable year-round. Traditional central ACs allow you to control the temperature of your entire home at once, which doesn’t provide everyone with the comfort level they desire. A mini-split AC is different in many ways. Here are some of its benefits:
- Create Individual Zones: Each room can be cooled or heated independently. Zoning lets every family member set the temperature to what works for them.
- Easy to Install: Eliminating ductwork and other components, mini-splits can often be installed in one day and don’t involve disruptive work throughout your home.
- Compact Design: A mini-split air conditioner comprises an outdoor unit and compact indoor air handlers. A small conduit, rather than space-consuming ducts, connects the two.
- Aesthetic: Mini-split units are sleek and modern. They fit in with just about any architectural design or decor and are efficient as long as there’s enough clearance around them.
- Convenient: The system is quiet compared to a central AC. And aside from eliminating ductwork, mini-splits have efficient filters that eliminate dust, pollen, and other contaminants, improving indoor air quality.
- Energy Efficient: No air leakage from ducts reduces energy consumption. A ductless mini-split air conditioner also avoids heating or cooling rooms unnecessarily; it’s also engineered to run more efficiently.
Can I Install a Mini-Split Myself?
We recommend having an electrician provide the power connections, while an HVAC professional must charge the refrigerant. However, you could install the outdoor and indoor units and the conduit that connects them. A skilled DIYer could create the 3-inch hole in an exterior wall needed to run the lines.
How Many Rooms Can I Connect My Mini-Split to?
It depends on the capacity of the condenser unit. Generally, mini-split systems can heat or cool four to eight zones, meaning each room can be set to a different temperature. Turning one or more units off won’t reduce energy efficiency as it can in a central AC system.
Do Mini-Splits Work in Cold Weather?
Generally, a mini-split optimal temperature range is over 25℉ to 30℉. At temperatures down to 20℉, a mid-level system will be 100% efficient. Other systems don’t tolerate temperatures as cold. But a high-level unit can perform well in single-digit temperatures or below.
Can I Run a Mini-Split Continuously?
Continuously running a ductless mini-split air conditioner continuously reduces energy consumption. Indoor temperatures are more consistent, and less energy is needed to reach the temperature setpoint.
What Does Mini-Split Air Conditioner Installation Cost?
The cost of a mini-split AC can vary considerably. In addition to equipment, materials, and labor, other cost factors include the size of your home, how many units are installed, and their size and efficiency rating. At Hoover, we provide an accurate quote based on a thorough evaluation of your home and your heating and cooling needs.
Call Hoover Today
We provide free installation consultations in Clinton Township and surrounding areas. Our experienced technicians will determine the system that’s just right for your home. To schedule a mini-split air conditioner installation in your Southeast Michigan home, call (586) 261-8374 today.