Duct Cleaning in Clinton Township
Duct Cleaning Services in Clinton Township
Hoover Electric, Plumbing, Heating and Cooling is a trusted leader in indoor air quality services throughout Southeast Michigan. In a central AC system, air constantly flows to and from the air handler via ducts. If these channels are coated or obstructed by dirt and debris, pollutants can re-circulate in your home, increasing allergy symptoms and the risk of certain illnesses. Duct cleaning can reduce sneezing, coughing, and general discomfort.
The buildup in air ducts can clog your HVAC system’s air filters and vital components. Over time, this can strain it and lead to costly repairs and premature replacement. Therefore, professional duct cleaning can save you time and money. At Hoover, our professionals have the training and equipment, including the Rotobrush® system, to provide thorough air duct cleaning in your home.
What Are the Signs I Need Duct Cleaning?
You can’t easily see what’s inside your ducts, but contamination can lead to issues such as:
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: Dirty ducts can circulate pollutants such as dust, chemicals, and waste products from rodents and insects. If the issue isn’t addressed, these will continue to re-circulate and concentrate, creating more hazards than outdoor air pollution.
- Excess Dust and Debris: Vents, air registers, and filters can quickly become clogged with dust. You may also notice more dust on surfaces and floating in the air. No matter how much you clean your home, it may quickly become dusty again if you need duct cleaning.
- Unpleasant Odors: Stale, musty odors, and other smells may emanate from ducts and air registers if your ductwork needs to be cleaned. Whether you notice unpleasant odors from an AC vent or throughout your home, call a technician to inspect your ducts.
- Allergies or Respiratory Issues: Poor indoor air quality can be associated with skin, eye, and throat irritation; coughing; and cold- and flu-like symptoms. It can also exacerbate asthma and lead to insomnia, no matter how diligent you are in keeping your home clean.
How Duct Cleaning Works
Our trained technicians usually begin the duct cleaning process with an inspection. The Roto-Vision Video Inspection System provides us with a clear look deep inside your ductwork. It helps us quickly plan and execute a project and complete it in little time.
Using the Rotobrush® modular cleaner, we can quickly and efficiently clean out an entire duct. The device is fed through each vent to reach every part of your duct system. Video inspection is performed before and after duct cleaning so we get a first-hand look at the results. The process generally takes two to three hours but can be shorter or longer depending on the size and condition of your duct system.
Can I Do Duct Cleaning Myself?
Some homeowners choose DIY duct cleaning to stay busy. You can complete it on your schedule and choose the cleaning products you want. But the process takes time that you’ll have to set aside. The effort and cleanup involved can be tiring. There’s also the cost of purchasing supplies and equipment to consider.
Professional duct cleaning is beneficial because:
- The technician is experienced in the tools, equipment, and techniques used to deep-clean an air duct.
- You pay a flat rate for the service and not for the supplies and equipment.
- It saves time, lets you focus on other tasks, and relax and unwind in a clean home instead of laboring to clear out your air ducts.
An experienced professional is knowledgeable in the latest standards, best practices, and products. They also know the safety precautions to take. If the technician has the proper qualifications and industry certifications, you know they’re prepared for the job.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should Ducts Be Cleaned?
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) doesn’t regulate when or how often air ducts should be cleaned. Some industry professionals recommend duct cleaning every three to five years and an inspection at least once a year. Consider cleaning your ductwork if there are indoor air quality problems or after a recent construction or remodeling project.
Can Duct Cleaning Help with Energy Efficiency?
It improves airflow, so your HVAC system doesn’t work as hard to maintain cooler or warmer temperatures in your home. It will then use less energy, which can reduce your monthly utility bill.
How Much Does Duct Cleaning Cost?
Residential air duct cleaning usually costs under $1,000 but expect to spend a few hundred. Generally, the larger your home, the more it’ll cost to clean the ductwork. Square footage, the number of vents, the condition of ducts, the type of ductwork, the technician’s qualifications, and labor costs can also impact what you spend. Additional services such as duct sealing, mold remediation, and pest control can add to the total as well.
Breathe Easier with Hoover’s Duct Cleaning Services
By scheduling duct cleaning services in Clinton Township, you can improve indoor air quality, HVAC efficiency, and your comfort and well-being. We’re also trusted for HVAC maintenance, AC/heating repair, and thermostat installation and upgrades. Our technicians are licensed and trained in all aspects of heating and cooling service. In addition, we have exclusive service specials and financing options to help you save.
Book Your Service Today
Call (586) 371-6798 to schedule a duct cleaning or HVAC appointment or learn more about our indoor air quality services.